What is the Tech Central Place-based Transport Strategy?
Tech Central is home to some of Australia’s most exciting start-ups and technology companies.
The Tech Central Place-based Transport Strategy outlines a 20-year vision for transport in the area.
It covers an area of approximately 6 square kilometres on the south-western edge of Sydney CBD, encompassing the suburbs of Darlington/Eveleigh, the majority of Ultimo, Camperdown/Haymarket and part of Glebe, Newtown, Redfern, Forest Lodge and Surry Hills.
It aims to make travelling in the Tech Central area even more seamless and connected in the future.
The Strategy was developed in conjunction with local government, TAFE, and major universities in the area.
The priorities of the Tech Central Place-based Transport Strategy include:
- continuing with redevelopment of Central Station and North Eveleigh
- continuing with the major investment in Sydney Metro, including a new Metro line and motorways
- creating great places and walkable streets
- expanding connections to the airport
- increasing local trains, regional trains, buses, and light rail services
- improving public transport and cycling options
- ensuring new transport services are environmentally and economically sustainable.