Our vision is that NSW will take the lead in applying new and emerging technologies to improve transport for customers. That requires us to shift our thinking towards transport as a technology business which is what the Future Transport Technology program is all about.
This ongoing program of work focuses across a number of key areas:
- Providing a channel for engaging and partnering with the tech industry
- Bringing in new ideas and new thinking in from outside transport
- Leveraging the ideas of our people
- Changing our culture and capability internally so we are more able to take advantage of the opportunities that technology brings
- And developing and implementing a roadmap for how we’ll apply technology to improve transport over the coming decades.
As well as building new infrastructure, we need to look at smarter systems and technology-driven solutions to cope with demand. We need to stay ahead of the game so it’s time we ask, what are the next big ideas? What are the next systems and technologies that are going to challenge us and shape the transport system in NSW?