Accessibility for all, no exceptions’ is a core objective of Future Transport. The Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2018-2022 is part of Transport for NSW’s strategy to reach this long term goal. The Plan places the needs of the customer at the centre of planning and decision-making for the transport system. This means delivering high quality services to all customers including those with disability.
The strategic objectives of the Disability Inclusion Action Plan are as follows:
- To deliver barrier-free end to end journeys for all customers.
- To build accessibility into our business processes and systems.
- To provide accessible planning and cutting edge assistive technology.
- To ensure people with disability influence the future of transport in NSW.
- To establish the Transport cluster as an employer of choice for people with disability.
To achieve these objectives, the Plan contains actions organised under five outcome areas:
- Liveable Communities.
- Accessible Systems and Processes.
- Accessible Customer Information Technology and Research.
- Inclusive Customer Service and Feedback.
- Inclusive Employment.
The Disability Inclusion Action Plan complies with the requirements of the Disability Inclusion Act 2014 and is consistent with the objectives of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cth) (DDA) and the Government Sector Employment Act 2013.
A summary of relevant legislation, standards and policy frameworks is provided in the next chapter. A detailed compliance schedule under the Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport 2002 (Cth)
(Transport Standards) is also included in the appendix to this Plan.